I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tips for Tuesday - Books: Grover Beach Team Books 1 and 2 and Where We Belong

 
Me - Today I am recommending Grover Beach Team Books 1 and 2 by Anna Katmore. These are two of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. I recently read them, and I am ready to read them again. The first one was called Play With Me. The second was called Ryan Hunter. They are the same story told from opposite points of view. In the first book, Liza Matthews is in love with her best friend Tony. She joins his soccer team even though she is not good at sports to get close to him. There she meets team captain, Ryan Hunter and things get complicated. The second story is told from Ryan's point of view.  Anna Katmore is really good at believably showing both the male and the female point of view. Aside from that they are just really good books with a really good romantic story.
Mom- Today I am recommending Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. This book is the story of Marian who had a baby when she was a teenager and gave her up for adoption and Kirby, Marian's baby who shows up on Marian's doorstep to meet her 18 years later. I like the way in the novel neither Marian nor Kirby is portrayed as the more sympathetic character. They both have good and bad traits to their characters and likeable and unlikeable traits to their character. I like that Emily Giffin is able to make you feel sympathy for both of them and make you route for them both. This is something that Emily Giffin is very good at. She can even make you feel sympathy for characters that you'd think that you would hate. That is one thing I like about her novels. Where We Belong is my favorite of Emily Giffin's book that I have read so far.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment