I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 15, 2014

Mermaids

Me - Mermaids, wow! I like mermaids. I read this series called Real Mermaids. It has four books in it so far. It's about a girl named Jade who finds out her mother is a mermaid and she is one too. I like it a lot. There's a show called H20 about mermaids. It is about three girls who are mermaids. Other people don't know they are mermaids except for one named Lewis. He  is a friend of theirs. They don't want other people to know they are mermaids because they are afraid they will be poked and prodded at. H20 used to be one of my favorites shows. It was one of my sister's favorite shows too. It was the only favorite show we ever agreed on. I even got an H20 necklace from e-bay. However, it is not one of my favorite shows anymore. It is hardly ever on, and I decided I like other shows better. I also like the Disney movie The Little Mermaid. I like the character of Ariel. I like mermaids but I wouldn't want to be one. It seems like too much work having to keep it secret so people don't want to poke and prod at you.
Mom - I like the original Hans Christian Andersen story The Little Mermaid. When I was little, and I saw the movie Hans Christian Anderson on TV, I think that was the first time I ever heard of mermaids. Melia read a series of books about a girl who finds out her mother was a mermaid and she is one too. She recommended them to me, and I read them as well. The first book in the series is called Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings. There are three other books in the series as well. I like the Disney movie The Little Mermaid. I also like the movie Splash, which was also about a mermaid. Aurella and I also saw the movie Ponyo for one of her birthdays.It was also basically a mermaid tale (no pun intended.) My daughters were  really into H20: Just Add Water. Aside from it's redundant title, my husband and I just don't get it. The show really seems like nothing more than an Australian soap opera where the girls happen to be mermaids. It is not that that I am against soap operas. There was a time in my life when I was really into soap operas. However, I just don't really like that particular soap opera.
And that's our view. What do you think about mermaids?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment