I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 19, 2016

Let's Talk About Kids TV Shows

Me -When I was little, I watched a lot of kids TV. My favorite show was Dora the Explorer. Then, I hated Dora. I also used to watch Barney and Sesame Street. I still like them, but I don't really watch them any more. My favorite show then was Doc McStuffins. I was in to that very briefly.I also liked Jojo's Circus.  I couldn't wait to see the Littlest Pet Shop show, and when it started I was into it for a while. I also liked to play with Littlest Pet Shops. I also liked to watch other shows. I liked Pound Puppies. I liked My Little Pony. I liked Strawberry Shortcake. I liked Clifford. the Big Red Dog. I would pretty much watch any kids show that was on except for boy shows because I am not a boy.
Mom - Over all, I don't mind most kids shows. My older daughter used to like Barney. I hated it when my stepson was little, but I grew to tolerate it, by the time my girls came along. We even took Melia to a Barney live show once when she was little. She also liked Caillou. He was a little too whiny and his parents seemed a little too perfect always having all the solutions to all his problems and never losing their temper. Another show she watched was Clifford the Big Red Dog except she called Clifford "Coochie" and Emily Elizabeth "Emily Ebsileth." I loved the Clifford books when I was a child (although I only remember there being one or two then). Both of my girls loved the Clifford books too. Melia also enjoyed JoJo's Circus and Sesame Street. I watched Sesame Street when Kermit was still a part of it, and there was no Elmo.

My younger daughter also enjoyed Barney and Sesame Street, but her favorite show was Dora The Explorer. In fact, I thought invisible Dora was going to become a permanent member of our family until she finally gave up Dora when she became briefly obsessed with Doc McStuffins. However, it was not as bad as her Dora obsession was.

Luckily neither of my kids were ever into The Wiggles or Teletubbies both of which I always hated. I also never liked Wow Wow Wubbzy  (which both my girls liked) and Yo Gabba Gabba (which they only liked briefly). Most other children shows I don't mind that much although I like some more than others. What I do mind about children's shows are these 24 hour networks for young children like Disney Jr. and Nick Jr. While I do agree that there should be programs later in the day than just in the morning like there used to be, there is something wrong with children's show being on as late 10:00, 11:00, 12:00 at night and at the predawn hours when children should be sleeping.

And that's our view. What's your favorite kid's show?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits:
photo credit 1: The Little Red Monster via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Barney via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment