I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Me - Me and my mom watched a lot of news coverage about the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Kate is a beautiful woman. Prince William is very handsome. They make a great couple. I can tell by the way they kept looking at each other, that they are really in love, much more than his parents were. On one of the news shows, they showed Charles and Diana's wedding, and they weren't looking at each other at all. Not only did Prince William and Kate kiss one time, they kissed twice. The newscasters showed it over and over again. Kate kept looking at Prince William lovingly. He kept looking at her the same way. The royal wedding was the main story in the newspaper and probably will be in next week's People Magazine. There were so many people at the wedding. It looked as if there were billions of people there and that's only the people outside not even the people that actually attended the wedding. When me and my Mom were watching, I asked if that many people would be watching my wedding on a screen outside the building and on TV. Even though my mom sweetly answered "no Melia",  I thought in her mind she was saying "in your dreams". It's too bad that I won't have a wedding like that, unless I move to England and marry a prince than my wedding would be as big a deal as theirs. I'd be all over the TV, newspaper and magazines. Now that would be cool! In any case, I hope that Prince William and Kate Middleton will love each other forever and have a long and happy marriage. And, I hope that they have a little adorable baby girl that behaves well.

Mom - Although a lot of people may think that there was much too much hype about and media attention to the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, I for one enjoyed it. I mean I didn't get up at 4:00 in the morning to watch it live or anything. However, Melia and I enjoyed hearing and seeing everything about it on all the news shows on Friday night. It was so nice to see the news dominated by something good for a change instead of another tragedy. Kate was certainly a beautiful bride. I personally think she is prettier than Princess Diana was, and Prince William is a lot better looking than his father is. They make a beauttiful couple. More importantly, I have rarely if ever seen a couple so in love. They way they kept looking at each other so lovingly was to me the best part of the whole wedding. I mean if you look at Prince Charles and Diana's wedding, it makes you wonder if they were ever in love. They never looked at each other like that. It was like the divorce was foretold even from the beginning. I don't think they were ever  really friends either. It was like they were expected to marry and they did so that was that. Kate and William started off as friends and got married because they wanted to because they were in love and not because they had to. I think the marriage is going to last and I really hope it does not just for them but for all of us. I mean even if  their lives are not exactly a faiy tale, after all, nobody's is, it is certainly more of a fairytale than my life or the life of anyone  I know. We all need a little bit of fairy tale in our lives. I appreciate William and Katherine for providing that to us. I hope they continue to provide it for many years to come.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment