I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hobbies

Me-I have a lot of hobbies. For instance, I like singing, dancing, reading, writing and collecting things. I like singing, but I don't like doing it front of people. Me and my sister, Aurella, like to dance to little skits that I make up. I like to write stories and poems. I have written 4 stories and 37 poems. For me, poems are more fun and easier to write. As for reading, I read a 235 page book in 3 days. I love reading. I went into kindergarten already chapter books when some of the other kids could barely read level books. Right now, I am reading "Little House on The Prarie" which is 335 pages, and I plain on reading that in 3 days too. I have a lot of collections. I collect erasers which I keep in a little bag at school. I collect stickers in a little journal in  my closet. I collect shells that find at the beach, only the interesting ones. I keep them in a big Ziplock bag in my room. I am going to start a collection of key chains.

Mom - I have a lot of hobbies too. Too many. It is hard to find enough time to do them all and still have enough time to do what I need to. Like my daughter, I like singing, but not in public. I don't consider myself a great singer though and wouldn't really consider that a hobby of mine. I don't like to dance at all. I don't know where my daughter got her dancing talent from, certainly not from my husband or I. I like reading. I try to read a  least a little bit each day and finish at least a book a week. I like writing mostly fiction. I have a whole other blog, Stories for Dora,  where Melia and I write short stories for my younger daughter. My older daughter has really inspired me in my writing. I always liked to write but I really hadn't done much writing in years because with a husband and kids and everything there were just too many other demands on my time. However, seeing how much my daughter enjoys writing and hearing her talk about her writing and read stuff she'd written to me reminded me how much I liked it to and how much I missed it and inspired me to go back to it. I also like I also doing the puzzles from the newspaper. I hardly ever have time to do them though, but I can't get myself to throw them out. I usually just pile them up and then when I get to it, I do a whole pile of them at a time. I also have a number of collections including a collection of dolls from different countries.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment