I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, March 9, 2012

Zoos

Me - Zoos, wow! The Popcorn Park Zoo is my favorite zoo. I really wish I could donate money to them to help save the animals. When I was little I went to the Bronx Zoo, but I don't really remember that. I love watching the videos from it though. In the video, we are pretending to be birds in a nest, and praries dogs in a hole among other things. My brother was holding me up to be a prarie dog because I was only 2. At the Essex Zoo one turtle was climbing on top of the other. At the Turtleback Zoo, I went on a really fun train ride. We went to the Baltimore Zoo, but I don't remember much about it. We went to the National Zoo in Washington. I was in pre-k, and I had my class mascot, Freddie the frog with me. He was a stuffed animal and not a real frog.  We got to see regular pandas and red pandas. It took a long time to find the red pandas. We even got lost for a while and started going in circles. I wanted to see baby pandas. There were too many people there, and I couldn't see so my Dad took a picture for me. Over all, I love animals, and I love zoo.

Mom - Everyone in our family loves animals, and we love to go to the zoo. As a family, we have been to zoos in three different states. We have been to the Bronx Zoo in New York. It is big and impossible to see all of in one day unless you start really early in the morning, but there are so many great animals to see. We really enjoyed the petting zoo when we were there, but we haven't been there since Melia was a baby. We hope to go back for Aurella's birthday this September. We have been to the Turtleback Zoo in New Jersey. That is not as big and it was easy to see all in one day. There is a train ride and a nice play area. We went there a couple of times. We went to this little zoo in Essex County, New Jersey where the most memorable things were these cute little prarie dogs and the turtles doing unmentionable things. We have been to the Baltimore Zoo in Maryland where you can feed the giraffes (although we didn't). We have been to the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. where we got to see the Pandas. Before marriage and kids I have also been to zoos in three other states. The St. Louis Zoo in Missouri. I don't really remember much about that. At the San Antonio Zoo in Texas, you could feed the hippos (we didn't). One of the nicest zoo of all I have been to is the San Diego Zoo in California. Someday. I hope I get to take my kids there. However,our favorite zoo is the Popcorn Park Zoo in New Jersey. It is not only a zoo, but an animal refuge and not only for wild animals like some other zoos are, but also for dogs and cats. We went there for the first time for Aurella's birthday last year, and we can't wait to go back.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.