I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tips for Tuesday - Books - The Sixteenth Summer: Pulled Under by Michelle Dalton and Money Making Mom How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference by Crystal Paine

This post may contain affilate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may be compensated.
 
Me - Today I am recommending The Sixteenth Summer: Pulled Under by Michelle Dalton. It was about a girl named Izzy. She lives on an island. She meets a guy named Ben and they fall in love. However, after the summer he is leaving because he is only on the island for the summer. This book is a very quick read but also very romantic.

I was given a copy of Money Making Mom as part of the books launch team. Any and all opinions expressed here are my own based on reading the book.
Mom - Today I am recommending Money Making Mom How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference by Crystal Paine. In general books of this type go out of my mind the minute I put them down. However, this one really made me think. This book is not about doing what Crystal did to get where she is. That would be impossible because Crystal is the only her. It is about you doing what you can to get where you want to be. Unlike many authors who only want to share their successes Crystal shares her failures as well. This is very motivating because it makes you think if she can keep going and eventually get where she wants to be in her life than so can you. I also like that she shares other peoples stories as well as her own. They reinforce not only that there is not just one way of going about things but that Crystal is not unique in that anyone can find what they are good at and make it work for them.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment