I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 5, 2015

Idina Menzel Concert



Me - This past summer, we went to an Idina Menzel concert. She used to be my favorite actress but now Lea Michele is. My Mom reminded me that I once went to one of Idina's concerts with my grandparents when I was younger, but I don't remember it at all. I also saw her in If/Then which I didn't like. The concert was pretty good. She sang some familiar songs and some not familiar ones and luckily only one from If/Then. She is not a very good dancer. She dances funny.  Of course, she has a great voice, and she sounded good. My favorite part was the audience participation. She brought this little boy on stage to sing. He didn't know the words to the song so he sang You Are My Sunshine. It was so cute! All the little kids loved when she sang Let It Go. I didn't have a favorite song that she sang in the concert although a lot of them were good. The worst part about the concert was that it started over a half hour late. Other than that, it was pretty good.

Mom -Except for the late start, I thoroughly enjoyed the Idina Menzel concert. Her voice sounded good, and she mostly sang a lot of familiar songs with a few lesser known ones scattered in the mix. I appreciate that she sang a few songs from Wicked and Rent, which were both great shows with great music and only one from If/Then, a show whose music was not as good. Idina had a good rapport with the audience, and I enjoyed the fact that she talked about her childhood and cities and towns that she lived in. She and my sister were childhood friends, and they kept passing in and out of each other's lives as they grew up so I was very familiar with the places she mentioned. I loved the audience participation segment of the show especially the two little kids she brought on the stage: a little boy who sang You Are My Sunshine and then a little girl all dressed up in her Frozen costume. As a result of Idina's newfound popularity with the younger set  due to her success as the voice of Else in the movie Frozen, there did seem to be an awful lot of little girls in the audience including some dressed up in costumes like the little girl who went on stage. Of course, Idina did sing Let It Go fairly late in the concert which pleased all the little girls in the audience enormously. However, I felt sorry for any little girl who came to the concert expecting a Frozen concert. It certainly wasn't that, but there did seem to be an awful lot of little girls in the audience expecting that. I wonder if that one song was enough for them. However, if you didn't come just to hear music from Frozen the concert was very enjoyable.

And that's our view. Are you familiar with Idina Menzel, if so what is your favorite song you've hear her sing?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: 139581_8666 via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment