I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Sound of Music Live vs. Peter Pan Live

Me - The Sound of Music Live vs. Peter Pan Live, wow!

What I Liked

The Sound of Music:
Carrie Underwood is a great singer.
The backup cast was amazing.
I loved  all of the music.

I liked the sets and costumes


Peter Pan:
The singing voices were good except Allison Williams was only okay.
I only really liked one song, and I don't remember the name of it.
I liked the littlest boy. He was cute.
I also liked Tiger Lily.

What I didn't like

The Sound of Music:
Carrie Underwood wasn't a very good actress.
 I didn't like Maria's hair.

Peter Pan:
I did not like Allison Williams as Peter Pan.

I didn't like the sets and costume.
I did not like most of the songs.

Overall,
I like the idea of live theater on television but they should do more shows like The Sound of Music and less like Peter Pan. Also, they should try to get more people in them who are both good actors and good singers and not one or the other or neither.

Mom - I am so glad they have started doing live theater on television. However, that doesn't not mean that all theater on television is created equal.

The Sound of Music:
I enjoyed The Sound of Music live.
The Sound of Music is a show for all ages.
The Sound of Music has better more memorable songs
Carrie Underwood has a beautiful voice and did justice to the great score.
(although she is not much of an actress)
The Sound of Music had  a great supporting cast. A lot of them were veteran Broadway performers like:
1)Christian Borle
2) Laura Benanti,
3) the incomparable Audra McDonald.
Every single syllable that comes out of Audra McDonald's mouth is beautiful. She made even  the music at the beginning of The Sound of Music which I have never really liked sound beautiful and interesting.
     
Peter Pan:
I did not enjoy as much.
Peter Pan is more of a children's show. 
Peter Pan only has one or two nice songs.  it.
Peter Pan also had some veteran Broadway actors like Christian Borle and Kelly O'Hara, However, for the most part they has much smaller roles.
Alllison is not much of a singer or an actress or at least she was not in this role.

Overall,
When I heard that Peter Pan was going to be NBC's, second live production after The Sound of Music, I did not think it was a good choice. I didn't think as much people would be interested in it. I was proven right when the ratings were not as high. However, even though the ratings were not as high, they were still good. I am glad about that because even though I didn't like Peter Pan as much as The Sound of Music, I still like the idea of live theater on television. It will never be as good as actual live theater, but it is the next best thing, and I look forward to seeing more of it in the future.

And that's our view. What do you think of live theater on television?

No comments:

Post a Comment