I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 19, 2015

The People's Choice Awards and the Golden Globe Awards 2015

Me - The People's Choice Awards and the Golden Globe Awards, 2015, wow! The People's Choice Awards: I think Allison Janney and Anna Faris did a good job hosting. Too many people were wearing black. It felt like they were dressed for a funeral. Other than that most of the fashion was not very memorable. Allison Janney and Anna Faris had a couple of nice dresses though. I don't understand why when women host an awards show they always have to change clothes. I agreed with some of the awards I didn't agree with all of them. Some of the things I never heard of or watch. I liked when Lady Antebellum performed. I didn't like when Iggy Azalea performed. I hate her.  Fall Out Boy was okay, but  I don't really remember their performance. All in all, the people's choice awards were okay. The Golden Globes were okay too. I didn't really see most of the movies. I don't really watch most of the TV shows either. It was surprising that hosts, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler only changed their clothes once.  I liked Amy Poehler's first dress better, and I didn't like either of Tina Fey's. Over all, I liked the fashion better than at the People's Choice Awards. The fashion  at the Golden Globes was more colorful. None of the outfits. really stood out to me so much that it stuck in my mind later. Overall both award shows were okay, I hope they are better next year.
Mom - The People's Choice awards were okay. I liked Allison Janney and Anna Faris as hosts. I didn't vote for the People's Choice awards myself, but if I did I would have voted for some of the people who actually won, but not others. For instance, I like The Big Bang Theory, Ellen DeGeneres, and Carrie Underwood.The fashion was kind of boring. It seems like an awful lot of people were wearing black. I did like Allison Janney's blue dress though. I  enjoyed the performances of Lady Antebellum and Fall Out Boy. I didn't like Iggy Azalea's performance though. In general, I don't like her. I liked the Golden Globe awards better than the People's Choice awards. I haven't seen that many of the movies that were up for Golden Globes However, I want to see almost all of them. There were so many good movies last year. I did see The Theory of Everything, however. Eddie Redmayne so deserved the Golden Globe he won for his performance in it. All you have to do is see the trailer for the movie to know how deserving he was. It is going to be an interesting and tough Oscar race between him and Michael Keaton. The TV awards did not interest me as much. I never watch cable television series or streaming television series so I don't think I watch any of the series that were up for and/or won awards.  The fashion was better at the Golden Globes than at the People's Choice awards. The dresses were a lot more colorful, and I liked them a lot better although off the top of my head, I cannot think of a dress that particularly stood out to me. The Golden Globes always puts me in the mood for the Oscars. Of course, they won't be until late February.

And that's our view. If you had your choice who would you want to get a  People's Choice award?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits
photo credit 1: phoenixawards via photopin cc
photo credit 2:  Genevieve719 via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment