I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Let's Talk About Bowling

 Me - Bowling, wow! I love bowling. Bowling is fun. I'm not necessarily good at bowling but I like it.  I hate the shoes. They are so ugly. Bowling balls are really heavy.  Some bowling balls have pretty colors and patterns. When we went bowling last weekend, I used a pretty pink bowling ball. We played two games. The first game I ended up fourth out of five of us. I was doing even worse until my brother suggested that we have them put up the bumpers. The second game I did better. I even got a strike and a spare except the strike was when I was bowling for my brother and the spare was when I was bowling for my sister. I still managed to tie for first in that game. I had a lot of fun. Bowling is a fun activity for the whole family.
Mom - We went bowling this past weekend. Before that, I hadn't been bowling since I was a teenager. When Melia was little and her stepbrother still lived with us, he was in a bowling league. She loved when we went to the bowling alley with him every week because she loved having dinner at the snack bar. If we had change, we would even get a candy bar out of the vending machine. She really loved that. Aurella and I have been playing bowling on the Wii a lot so I have been in the mood to go bowling for real. In some ways, it is easier on the Wii. In other ways, not so much. I did okay bowling for real especially when we had the bumpers put up. Without that, I think Melia, Aurella and I probably would have had almost all gutter balls. In our two games, I did manage to get one strike and a couple of spares. It is much easier for me to get a spare on the Wii because I know how to aim on the Wii whereas I don't know how to aim in real life. In life just as on the Wii, however, sometimes the ball takes a weird hop all of the sudden and doesn't go where you thought it would at all. In our two games, I some how managed to come out in the middle in the first game and tied for first in the second. I am sure the latter is because my husband didn't play the second game and my stepson quit before the end because his knee was bothering him. It doesn't really matter who did better than who anyway. It was all just a friendly family game, and we all had fun. That's all that matters.
And that's our view. What do you and your family do together for fun?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't been bowling in years.

    ReplyDelete