I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Writing Stories

Me - Writing Stories, wow! I love to write stories. I have written lots of stories, but most of them have been for school or for my sister's blog. My Mom and I write a blog of stories for my sister. It is called Stories for Aurella. Depending on the story, sometimes it takes me a long time to write a story and sometimes it takes me a short time. I am better at writing longer stories. I used to have trouble writing short enough stories for my sister's blog. I used to hate writing. My third grade teacher inspired me to love writing. In fact, I dedicated a story I wrote to her. I love writing fiction much better than nonfiction. I hate writing nonfiction. The only times I write nonfiction is when I have to in school and for this blog. I especially hate to write nonfiction when I have to do it in a certain amount of time for a test. It is so much more fun to write made up stuff. I love writing stories.

Mom - I always loved to write. When I was young, my Mom and Dad got me a typewriter for a birthday present because I was going to write stories. I never did though because while I loved to write, I hated to type, and I wasn't very good at it. When I was older, I did write, but I wrote everything out by hand. Later, when I had a computer, I typed almost everything up on the computer. I still didn't really like typing, but it was easier doing it on the computer than on the typewriter. When I got married and had kids, I stopped writing because I was too busy. As Melia got older, she developed an interest in writing. Her story writing inspired me to want to write again so we started this blog together. However, I was still interested in more creative writing so I started a story blog for my younger daughter. This blog serves two purposes. It keeps Aurella from being jealous of her sister having a blog with me because she has her own blog too, and it gives me an outlet for my creative writing. I used to write everything out in longhand, revise it in longhand, and then first type it on the computer. Now, I type all stories right into the computer. I don't really have enough time to do things the way I used to anyway. It is much too time-consuming. I am lucky I have time to write at all. I try to write a story a week, but sometimes I get really busy and don't write any stories. In the summer, I try to do a lot of extra stories and make-up for the weeks I missed. Sometimes, we are really busy in the summer though so I think it takes me the whole summer to finished making up for the weeks I missed. However, I promise Aurella (and myself) that I will get caught up in the summer and I do.

And that's our view. What do kind of writing do you like to do and how do you find the time to do it?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

photo credit: collectpeanuts via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment