I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Things We Like and Don't Like About the Fall

 Me - What we like about fall, wow! I like when the leaves change colors. I used to like jumping in the piles of leaves until I once got poison ivy on my face from jumping in the leaf pile. I  like fall festivals.I like going on hayrides. I love picking pumpkins and carving them. I like picking other fruit too.  I like Halloween. I like picking out a costume but it sometimes gets annoying when you can't figure out what to be. I love Halloween, but I can't chew a lot of the candy because I have braces.  That makes Halloween a lot less fun.  I like Thanksgiving.  I don't like being in school again, and having to get into the whole school routine again. However,  I like that there are a lot of holidays in the fall when school is closed. I also like that there are a lot of holidays in the fall because I get to see my cousins a lot.  I don't like when it gets colder. I don't like it when it gets dark earlier. It's not fun getting up in the morning and going to school when it is still dark out. I don't like having to wear a jacket especially since there is no room in my locker for one. Overall, there are nice things about the fall. but I don't like it that much.
Mom - I also like when the leave change colors. However,  I don't like when they are all over the ground and they keep getting tracked into the house and making a big mess. I like when it gets a little cooler. However, I miss wearing sundresses and sandals. I do like wearing my light jackets and sweaters though. It always seems like it goes way too fast from light jacket season to heavy jacket season. I hate that because I have a of lot light jackets, sweaters and sweatshirts. Besides, I don't like when it is really cold.  I like when the kids are back in school because it gives me time to get things done. However, I don't like getting back into the routine, and I never seem to get as much done as I think I will.  I don't like Halloween. I liked it when I was a kid although it was always hard to find a good costume especially because the store bought costumes were not as nice as they are now back then and nobody in the family was any good at making homemade costumes. I don't like it now because it is always such a big deal to find costumes. Somebody is always unhappy or doesn't know what they want, and we end up going to a lot of stores. Also, Halloween costumes are so expensive now. I don't see the sense of paying a lot for something you are only going to wear once. I love Halloween candy  especially chocolate and Starbursts. I try to stay away from it as much as possible, however. That has been a lot easier the last few years since my kids starting selling their candy as part of the Halloween Candy Buy Back program. The Halloween Candy Buy Back program  is a national program where dentists buy back Halloween candy from kids and send it to troops overseas. For more information about the Halloween Candy Buy Back program or to find a participating location near you go to http://www.halloweencandybuyback.com/.
 
And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for a Saturday Special.

photo credits:
photo credits 1: Stellas mom via photopin cc
photo credits 2: Stellas mom via photopin cc
photo credit 3: elana's pantry via photopin cc
photo credits 4: rwhgould via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment