I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, September 4, 2014

The 2014 Emmy Awards

 Me - The 2014 Emmy Awards, wow! They were good. I liked the part when Jim Parsons won. I don't actually watch most of the shows that won.  I liked that Allison Janney won. However, I wanted Mayim Bialik to win because she is so good on The Big Bang Theory, and she deserves to win. Allison Janney is good though and I like Mom. Also, I was glad Bryan Cranston won. I didn't ever watch Breaking Bad. However, my Mom and I sat next to him at a show once. We didn't even talk to him at all, and we didn't even realize it was him until later so by our logic that makes him our friend. Now, every time we see him we say "there's our friend, Bryan Cranston." I love Big Bang Theory. I was sorry it didn't win best comedy. Modern Family always wins everything. As for the fashion,  I didn't even like most of the clothes people were wearing. The only one I remember that I really liked was the dress Halle Berry was wearing.  Over all, the Emmys this year weren't my favorite.

Mom - The Emmy Awards were pretty boring this year. I don't really watch most of the shows. The clothes weren't all that exciting either although I did love Halle Berry's beautiful gown. The clothes weren't that outrageous though either. None of them stood out as really horrible to me. They were all just kind of blah. One of the few shows up for awards that I actually do watch is The Big Bang Theory. I was sorry it didn't win for best comedy. It is such a great hilarious show, and I am sure most people would agree with me since it is the currently the most popular comedy on television. Of course, Modern Family won just like it always does. I was glad Jim Parsons won for The Big Bang Theory though. I know he has won a
bunch of times before, but he is just so good on the show. I was sorry Mayim Bialik didn't win because she is also so good on The Big Bang Theory and so different than she was on Blossom years ago. I was glad that if Mayim didn't win, however, Allison Janney won in the same category. I actually watch Mom too. Allison Janney is very good in it and very different than she was in The West Wing and any other show I have seen her in. I liked Billy Crystal's touching tribute to Robin Williams. I still can't believe he is actually gone. It is hard to believe that anybody who brought so many other people so much laughter and happiness could feel so much sadness in his own life. I guess its true what they say  that great comedy comes from great pain. Depression is a strange and untameable beast. It is sort of like a  chronic disease. It can strike anyone at any time and once you've had it never know when and if it is going to come back again. I guess all we can do is do our best to see when our loved ones are in pain and get them the help they need. However, the problem is you don't really know what is going on inside somebody else's head and some people are good at masking their pain. So  I guess it is not possible to save everybody, and all we can do is try the best we can. Well, of course, now I've totally gone off on a tangent but I really don't have anything else to say about the Emmys except that over all, they really weren't that good.

And that's our show. What was your favorite thing about the 2014 Emmy's?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: NASA HQ PHOTO via photopin cc