I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 1, 2014

Sisters

Me- Sisters, wow! When I was little, I really wanted a sister. When my mom was pregnant, I insisted the baby was going to be a girl. Just to annoy me, my brother kept saying that the baby could be a boy. However, I just knew she was going to be a girl. Call it women's intuition. When, my sister was born I was happy. My brother and I used to argue over who got to help take care of her. When she got older in some ways we were closer and in other ways we were less so. We watch our favorite shows together.  We both love How I Met Your Mother. My sister and I used to share a room when we were younger. Now, we don't. It is a good that we don't share a room anymore. We would probably yell at each other more and not want to be around each other as much if we still shared a room. Sometimes, my sister and I have fun together. Sometimes, we don't get along. I think she can be bossy. She thinks I can be bossy. We both like to get our way. We are both stubborn. Some people think my sister and I look alike. I don't think we look alike at all. The only people I even allow to tease my sister are me, my brother and my one older cousin. If anybody else is mean to her, they have to deal with me. My sister and I may not always like each other but deep down we always love each other.

Mom- My sister and I are 6 years apart. I was in kindergarten when she was born.  I was really excited to have a sister.  I was never jealous of her. When we were young we were close, and we used to play together a lot. People always said I was so lucky to have a sister and that when I got older I would appreciate it more. I couldn't imagine it though because we got along pretty well when we were young, and I felt close to her. As we got older, we kind of drifted apart. My sister went through a period when she never really seemed to want to be around family only friends. I went to college although I went to college in the same state we lived in. Then, she went to college out of state. When she graduated, she eventually moved to a different state than me although we were just one state apart and I still saw her. We got along better than we did when she was in high school. We saw each other at family gatherings and e-mailed and talked on the phone occasionally. We were never really as close as we were when we were little again though. We never had one of those close sister relationships like some people do. I mean I get along with my sister, and I love her, and I think she feels the same. We would be there for each other if we ever needed each other. There definitely have been times in my life when my sister has been there for me. However, we have don't have one of those really close sister relationships where we are each other's best friends or we tell each other everything or we talk all the time or anything.

And that's our view. What do you think is the best thing about having or not having a sibling?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment