I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 25, 2014

Monthly Mash-up for August, 2014: School and The End of Summer

Me - My topic for this month is school. School sucks. Next, week I'm starting a new school. I am not looking forward to it. It wasn't that I was so attached to my old school. I was only there for one year. I just don't adjust to change all that well. Also, I get lost really easily. I got lost in my much smaller previous school until like the second to last month of school. This school, that I will be going to, is like three times bigger.  So far, I don't know anybody who I am going to have classes with.  I am not really upset about that. There is no one I really want to reconnect with. However, when you are in a room full of new faces, it's sometimes comforting to see a familiar face even if you don't particularly like that person. I am also worried that now that I am getting older, the work is going to get harder, and I will start struggling with grades. I hope that this year I make a lot of new friends. I want to continue to make honor roll each marking period. I'm going to try to make straight A's on my report card.  I'm going to try to study for all my tests and quizzes. I am going to try to keep everything organized: my backpack, my locker, my homework, etc.

Mom - My topic for this month is the end of summer. I can't believe it is here already, and my girls are going to back to school next week.  The summer always seems to go by so quickly. The first part of summer is always better. I spend the first part of the summer feeling relaxed. I feel like I have plenty of time to get everything done I have planned. The second month of the summer I go into panic mode. I feel like I have hardly gotten anything done that I wanted to and that I am never going to get it all done. Before, this summer started, I didn't think it was going to be a very good one. Then, we made plans to go to Philadelphia for a few days. We went right at the beginning of the summer, and it was great, and we had a good time. With a start like that, it seemed it liked it was going to be an awesome summer, but it really wasn't. After that, it was all down hill. We had a lot of fun plans, but we kept having to cancel them because it was just one thing after another, trouble with one of ours cars, trouble with the other, etc. Oh well, maybe we can still have a good fall. The kids will be back in school so we can't really go any place during the week, but there is still weekends.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.