I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tips for Tuesday- TV: Degrassi The Next Generation and Overhauling

Me - Today I am recommending Degrassi The Next Generation. It is a good show. It is very serious and talks about very serious matters and some kids might not like it. However, most teen and tween girls will love it. It is like a teenage soap opera.

Mom - Today I am recommending Overhauling. My husband watches a lot of car shows, and I have to say that this is one of the better ones. Men will like it, of course, because it is about cars specifically about restoring classic cars.  However, women won't mind it because each episode is a little like a based on a true story tear jerking but ultimately uplifting movie wrapped up in a car show. First of all, you don't just apply to have your car redone. You have to be nominated by friends or family, and they can't just nominate you because they think you'd like it. You have to be worthy of being nominated because of what you do for others or something like that. I like to hear about what it is that makes each person chosen to have their car overhauled worthy of it. I also love to see how people react when they find out their car has been secretly overhauled. I don't think I have ever seen so many men cry as I do on this show, and I mean that in a good way. It is nice to see men openly expressing their emotions. It is fun to see the transformation of the cars as well. If your not a car person just think of it like when a person gets a makeover but instead it's a car getting the makeover. Over all, if one of you loves cars shows and the other doesn't, Overhauling is a pretty good compromise show.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.