I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dr. Suess

Me - Dr. Seuss, wow! When I was little I used to read Dr. Seuss' books. I owned a lot of them. Now, my sister owns a lot of them because I handed them down to her. I don't own any. I still like to read them with her. I don't like that Dr. Seuss makes up a lot of words in his books. They are supposed to be books for children to read. The big words make them hard, and they make no sense. Even when the books are being read the big words make them hard to understand. I always especially liked There's a Wocket in My Pocket even though almost every single  word in that book is made up. When I was little, I used to read that book all the time. I would pretend that all the things were in my house too. I didn't like that the book was called There's a Wocket in My Pocket but in the book there was no wocket in his pocket. I like that all Dr. Seuss books teach kids things in a fun way. When I was little I saw part of the Dr. Seuss live Cat in the Hat movie. It scared me. I like the cartoon The Grinch that Stole Christmas. I really love Dr. Seuss.

Mom - Dr. Seuss, who doesn't like Dr. Seuss or didn't at one time at least. His books are so much fun. They are also mostly easy to read. I know many kids who learned how to read partly with the help of Dr. Suess books. Right now, Aurella is one of them. The only thing that makes Dr. Seuss books a little bit hard to read is all the made up words about made up creatures and things. That is one thing I don't like about Dr. Suess books. I don't like all those made up words. I also don't like the live action Dr. Seuss movies although The Grinch That Stole Christmas was better than The Cat in The Hat.I like the animated movies though especially the Lorax one. I love when the bad guy starts singing "Let It Die. Let is Die. Let it Shrivel Up and Die." and everyone else just stops singing and looks at him. I would have to say my favorite Dr. Seuss book is probably Green Eggs and Ham. I also really like The Cat and the Hat. I also like The Grinch That Stole Christmas. I love the cartoon version movie of it as well. There are so many good Dr. Seuss books really. I'm sure there are many more good ones that  I am not even aware of. Dr. Seuss wrote so many books. Even though I have read a lot of them when I was a kid or now with my own kids, I am sure there are so many more Dr. Seuss books out there that I never read and/or never even heard of. Every year in schools and in libraries they celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish they would have done that when I was in school.

And that's our view. What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

No comments:

Post a Comment