I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fashion

Me - My favorite fashion is dresses. I love to wear dresses. Every day, I ask to wear a dress, but my Mom doesn't always let me. I do wear them a lot though. My cousin loves to wear dresses too. Every time, I see her she is wearing a dress and leggings. I have never seen her wear pants and a shirt.  I have never even seen her wear a skirt. She is always wearing boots too. I have a lot of boots, but I don't wear them every day. My aunt would never pick out clothes for my cousin without getting her opinion because she wouldn't wear them. I usually like the clothes my mom picks out for me, and I usually love the shoes too. I also like the way she styles my hair. Sometimes, my sister styles my hair. I like the way she styles my hair too. I would never let my Dad style my hair. He is not good with it. He is not good at picking out outfits that go together good either.  I love love love looking at all the fashions in magazines with my mom and sister. My Dad doesn't look at fashions in magazines with us. My mom says most men don't usually care about stuff like that. Once on one of my shows I watch, they saw a fashion show and then one of the kids had a fashion show with her friends and brother. Her grandma, dad and baby brother watched. Some day, I would like to put on a fashion show. I love playing dress up. I have lots of dress up clothes and even Rapunzel hair which I got when I went to Disney on Ice with my grandparents and my cousin. Fashion is always lots of fun.*

* The above is guest post by younger sister,  Aurella as dictated to Mom.

Mom - When I was young, I used to go to New York with my grandmother. We used to love people watching. We were always looking for stylish people. To us, stylish people were people who dressed right for their looks and really looked well put together. We never found too many really stylish people. Nowadays, My girls and I  look at magazines to see stylish people. A lot more famous people look really stylish than the ordinary people my grandmother and I used to see. However, the amazing thing is that not all of them do or at least the ones who actually pay people to coordinate their clothes and pick out their outfits and stuff. I would love to have somebody to do that for me, not so much to pick put my clothes out but to help me pick out the things that would be most stylish for myself and do my hair and stuff. Little girls can't wait to grow up and pick out their own clothes and style their own hair. In some ways, they don't realize how much better off they are and how much easier it is when they are young and someone is doing it for them. It's a lot of pressure to look good all the time. In fact, it is impossible. I don't know of anyone celebrity or not who always dresses well and always look good. There have been a few people who I think almost always look well (or looked well), Princess Diana, Kate Middleton, Nicole Kidman and Carrie Underwood are a few who come to mind. However, even they don't always look good. I guess there's a comfort in that even the most stylish people have days when they don't look their best.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.