I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, September 16, 2011

Favorite Movies

Me - Movies, wow! I have a ton of favorite movies. I would have to say that Ramona and Beezus is definitely one of them. I have read all the books in the series which was introduced to me by my Mom. My favorite character is Ramona, but in the movie my favorite person was Selena Gomez who played Beezus. Another favorite movie of mine is the original Spy Kids. I am reading the book of it now. I am to the part where the parents are trapped in Floop's castle where they make all these strange characters from secret agents. They are just about to make the Dad into a fooglie. Another favorite movie of mine is Spy Kids 2. If I ever find a book about that one I will so read it. I have never seen Spy Kids 3, but I bet that if I do it will also be one of my favorite movies, and I do want to see it. I saw Spy Kids 4, the latest one which is out in movie theaters now. My favorite character in Spy Kids 4 was the baby. I thought it was so cute when she flipped over the bad guy in the end of the movie. I also thought it was funny she didn't even have a name they just kept calling her spy baby. Everything about the dog  in that movie was hilarious especially how he pooped bombs. I really like Mary Poppins. I have also seen the Broadway show of it. I read the 4 main Mary Poppins books and am now on to Mary Poppins of Cherry Tree Lane. Another movie, I saw this summer and really enjoyed is The Smurfs. If you watch Glee, you would know that the wife in the movie was played by Jayma Mays who plays Emma Pillsbury on Glee.So what I am trying to say is that I have a lot of favorite movies including more that I didn't mention.

Mom - My favorite movie of all time is The Sound of Music. It is also the first movie I ever saw when I was about five years old. I just love all the cute kids and the pretty songs and the beautiful settings. I have always been rather fond of musicals anyway even though I know some people might consider them sappy. I am so grateful that over the past ten years or so they have started to make musicals again thanks to the Oscar winning movie Chicago in 2002. Ironically, Chicago was produced by Martin Richards, a cousin of my mother. We are not very close to him though. I do remember the one or two times I saw him he was always talking about making a movie of the show Chicago, which he had produced the original Broadway version of. We never thought he'd actually get it made especially not in the Oscar winning fashion that he did. However, to me more important than the actual movie Chicago itself , although I did like it, was that it showed that movie musicals don't have to be sappy and accordingly, it made movie musicals fashionable again. Since then there has been Hairspray the musical, The Phantom of the Opera , and Mamma Mia among others and soon there will be Rock of Ages and Wicked among others. My other favorite movie is Dirty Dancing, the only movie I saw 4 times in the movie theater alone which I know isn't a lot compared to some people, but for me it was a lot. I don't know how one could see that movie and not fall in love with Patrick Swayze. I actually met Kelly Bishop who played the Mom in Dirty Dancing, and she told me that in real life Patrick Swayze was just as nice as he seemed on screen. Anyway, in my book nobody could ever play Johnny Castle better or even as good as Patrick Swayze. In fact, I like everything about that movie that way it was. If they really go through with making a remake of it like they are talking about, I do not ever under any circumstances have any interest in seeing it!

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment