I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, September 30, 2011

Barbie Dolls

Me - Barbies, superduper duper wow! Barbies are one of my favorite things in the whole entire world. In fact, as I do this blog post, I am playing with my Barbies. I like to play where my Barbies are characters from TV shows. Right now, I am playing Full House Barbies. I have Hannah Montana Barbies including one that can change from Miley to Hannah and back again, High School Musical Barbies and a Wizards of Waverly Place Barbie. I have a Martina McBride Barbie and a Leann Rimes Barbie. I have a Yankees baseball Barbie. I always pretend the Yankee's Barbie is Lynn Cone because David Cone is our favorite baseball player even though he is retired now. I have a Wicked Witch of the West Barbie. I call her Elphaba after the character in the show Wicked or sometimes I call her Idina after the first actress to play Elphaba.I also have just plain Barbies that aren't from any movie or TV show or anything. Most of those I got from a friend's older sisters when I was little. I also got Mary Kate and Ashley Barbies from them. At the time I didn't know who Mary Kate and Ashley were, but now that I am older and love Full House I am glad I have them. My sister has Princess Barbies. She has every Disney Princess Barbie there is. She also has all the princes. Even with all the Barbies I have there are still some I would like to get.

Mom - As children, my sister and I and our friends were very into Barbie dolls. We had a huge collection of them: Barbies, Skippers, Kens, etc.  and I even had a Francie which is a doll they don't even make anymore. My favorite was PJ because she had dark hair like me. I didn't have one of those, but my sister did, and I always wanted to use her. At various times there were other dolls that came and went I remember a Stacy doll and a Kelly doll. I always wanted a Stacy doll but I don't think I ever had one. Nowadays, there is a Kelly doll who is a little girl doll, but back than I believe there was a Kelly doll who was the same age as Barbie. I am just overwhelmed by the amount of different types of Barbies there are and have been in the world. We had Malibu Barbies, and Barbies with Quick Curl hair, Superstar Barbies, and growing up Skipper among others. Nowadays, my daughters have Disney Princess Barbies, and Hannah Montana Barbies and Barbies from various movies  among others. There are also Bratz and Liv and other similiar dolls, but I always liked the original Barbies best. My daughters have a few Bratz dolls, but they mostly have Barbies. We had Barbie's dreamboat and Barbie's Friendship, which was a plane, among other things. My daughters have a Barbie camper and Barbie cars and a Barbie horse among other things. My daughters play with all their Barbies even the ones that are rare or limited edition like The Sound of Music Maria Barbie. We played with all our Barbies too, but we didn't really have any rare or limited edition Barbies. If I had it to do all over again, I would still let my daughters play with their Barbies, but I would collect Barbies for myself just to keep and display.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.